Our Services


SNAP is the new name for the Federal Food Stamp Program. It is designed to help low-income individuals and families supplement their income to purchase better quality and more nutritious food. If you are having trouble with every day food expenses, consider applying for SNAP benefits - It's a SNAP!

SNAP Outreach Coordinator: Oscar Sebastian
Phone: 302-734-1200 ext. 174 or 302-943-5154
Fax: 302-734-1265
E-mail: care.manager@modern-maturity.org


What can be bought with SNAP benefits?

Households can use SNAP benefits to buy:

  • Foods for the household to eat such as: Breads and cereals, fruits and vegetables, meats, fish, poultry, and dairy products..
  • Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:

- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Any non-food items such as: - Pet foods - Soaps and paper products - Household supplies - Hot foods
- Additional information: - Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers and ice cream are food items and are, therefore, eligible items.
- Energy drinks with nutrition facts are eligible, energy drinks with supplement facts are not eligible.?
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/ad-3027.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:
  1. mail:
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
Alexandria, VA 22314; or
  1. fax:
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  1. email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

SNAP Brochure

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I Eligible?

Qualification for food benefits is based on income, family relationships and expenses. If you meet the income levels below, it's likely that you would be eligible to receive food benefits. To qualify for the SNAP Program as Elderly, a person must be at least 60 years old.


165% of

200% of










Why should I apply?

SNAP can relieve the need to sacrifice healthy food choices in order to pay for other essentials. If you receive SNAP benefits you will be given an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card that functions like a debit card to help pay for groceries.

How do I apply?

·  We offer application assistance! Call our SNAP outreach coordinator for an appointment! We will submit your paperwork for you and we promise to make the process easier.
Call Oscar Sebastian at (302) 734-1200 x174 or 302-943-5154.

·  To apply online, visit the Delaware ASSIST website at https://assist.dhss.delaware.go

What do I need?

In order to apply you will need a photo ID or other official document verifying your identity and date of birth as well as those of all the members of your household. You will also need your social security number, and proof of income such as social security award letter and pension statement. Always be sure to provide a valid phone number.

Click the button below to register for a private event.
Private Event Software powered by Tripleseat
Return to Services